- 2 apples ( Honey crisp Apple, Gala Apple or Fuji Apple)
- 1/2 nutmeg or cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 lemon or lime
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Rinse apples and remove core making a heart shape.
- Using a mandolin thinly slice apple 1/8 or thinner.
- Line baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Single layer sliced apples.
- Sprinkle each slice with lime or lemon juice.
- Sprinkle each slice front and back with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hour flip slice and continue to bake for additional 1 1/2 or until apples completely dry. Total baking time approximately 3 hours.
- Remove from oven. Let apple chips cool. Chip will become crisper when cool. Put cooled apple chips in airtight container.