- 4 ounces low-carb or sugar-free milk or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brandy or pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl; set aside. Place cream and butter in another small microwaveable bowl; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate for 30 seconds on medium; repeat for another 30 seconds. Microwave the bowl of chocolate a third time, along with the bowl of cream and butter, for another 30 seconds. Remove and pour the hot cream and butter mixture the partially melted chocolate; let sit 1 minute. Stir to completely melt the chocolate and smooth mixture. Add brandy or vanilla and thoroughly mix. If the chocolate isn’t completely melted, return to the microwave for an additional 20 seconds.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Sift cocoa onto plate. Working quickly to avoid melting, form 12 equal size balls of the chocolate mixture with your fingers, immediately rolling each in cocoa to coat evenly. Set on a serving plate. Serve right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.